There is a huge amount going on in Cumbria to reduce emissions, including some community projects now generating renewable energy, very active food projects and comprehensive local sustainability plans.
Help us work better together at this meeting of sustainability groups from across the county. Please contact email@example.com if you're planning on coming. Let's drive a shift to a zero-carbon Cumbria.
- 1-2pm: Lunch and mapping ‘who is doing what’ in Cumbria
- 2-2.45pm: What is working / what isn't working around the county? Any lessons to share, any projects to expand or replicate?
- 2.45-3.15pm: Identification of broad issues that would benefit from the network working more closely together to have the greatest impact
- 3.15-3.45pm: Communicating climate change – what works? What doesn’t work? Any tips?
- 3.45-4pm: Break
- 4-4.15pm: Funding sustainability projects – could we support each other more and share funding opportunities?
- 4.15-4.30pm: Campaigning – any live campaigns? Can we join forces to increase our influence?
- 4.30-4.45pm: Membership of the network – transition groups and community energy companies only? All with a desire to reduce emissions in Cumbria?
- 4.45-4.55pm: Upcoming events and activity – promoting each other’s events, projects, campaigns and direct action
- 4.55-5pm: Summary and next steps