Learn how to get started growing your own fruit and veg:
- deciding what you want to grow & planning how it would work in your garden
- clearing a horticultural site
- establishing crops
- seed propagation
- vegetative propagation
- pest & disease identification & control
- watering & feeding
- ongoing monitoring of crop growth & harvesting
10 places. FREE but please book. Bring your own packed lunch.
18 September 2014: one place now available.
Please liaise with organiser Chris Cant on 01931 713240 to share transport.
The training is being given by VistaVeg, our local veg bag growing co-operative.
Note: the event may be filmed - let us know if you do not want to be included.
- Directions to Bell Foot – there's limited parking up there so it maybe good to park at the village primary school & walk up the hill (or car-share up the hill); we probably have room for 5 cars & still be able to let farm vehicles pass. When you get to Crosby Ravensworth Primary School (CA10 3JJ), cross the small bridge sign-posted Bank Head almost opposite the school & follow this lane up hill, round a sharp 90 degree right hand bend & continue up the hill. Pass Bank Farm on your left. Turn in left at the next white-washed cottage where you will see our sign. Please wear appropriate footwear & clothing for gardening!
- Please bring a soil sample from their garden or veg plot with them if you wish (we just need a small amount from a little way beneath the surface)
- Please bring a pair of gardening gloves if you have any (we have some but not enough for everyone)