Food action group
So finally the rain stopped and slowly the mud began to dry up and I started to look forward to planting out the early vegetables and then the temperature dropped, the ground froze, the wind howled (we get the Helm here) and it snowed for a week. Despite all that very little settled here so we were able to clear up the growing beds and cover them with compost we made over the last 12 months. Then we waited to be able to start planting as Spring began.
There will be some savoury eats, all are welcome.
- Visit to Alnwick Castle update
- Give Peas a Chance
- Brunswick Rd Cumbrian Spring Fair, 23/24th March
- New Rail Station Project
- Soroptomist Cake Comp Day update
- Penrith on a Plate
- Freegle Grow your Own launch update
- Egg Map update
- St Andrew's Churchyard tree planting update
- Asparagus Kale mailing update
- Talk by Shap resident Dave Corrie about a proposed woodland project
A traditional recipe from Peter Dicken
Please contact Joan for the address and directions- call 0775 4773701.
- Feedback from Stone Soup Day
- Alnwick Castle visit
- Salvation Army raised beds project
- Egg map and other food databases
- Donations to PACT to cover sending out Asparagus kale seeds
- Clarification on 2013 programme of events and who is doing what