Ranger Guides at Stricklandgate Community Garden
People all around Penrith and Eden District are creating and maintaining gardens with edibles and bee-friendly plants - most of which you are welcome to pick. Reap what you sow!
Use the map on this page to find edible or sensory patches - zoom in and click on the green rings.
- Stricklandgate community fruit garden
- Penrith Community polytunnel scheme
- Penrith Railway Station herbs
- Foster Street patch
- Townhead Sensory Border
- St Catherine's Catholic Primary School
- Penrith Town Hall border
- Penrith Police Station tubs
- Raised Beds at the Salvation Army
- Methodist Church gardens
- United Reformed Church gardens
- Appleby Edibles
Arthur Street kids with the Cumbria in Bloom trophies
Sheila MacDonald holding the RHS 'It's Your Neighbourhood' Level 4 Certificate with some of the volunteers at the Stricklandgate Community Fruit Garden on Sunday 8/9/13 giving away over 200 strawberry plants, rhubarb, cooking apples and tulip bulbs.
If you'd like to try some local produce in Eden District, why not visit the Egg Map...